Possible problems and steps to take.
- Elevated flow – Pump is trying to process more than it’s designed for. Elevated flows can be due to use of hot tubs, sump pumps and or ground water infiltration.
- Breather or vent plugged – Inspect breather and vent, as even partial plugging will activate the alarm.
- Leaking Sensing line – Remove pump from tank and make sure sensing bells are tight. Check for cracks and leaking.
- Worn Stator or line obstruction – Check amps. Line blockage can cause higher amperage. Worn stator often results in low amperage readings.
- Buried wire problem – Inspect the buried wiring for breaks and shorting. Check for wire damage between each pair of leads. If a short is present, replace the wire.